Problems with MSN messenger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz G4 Processor, 80 GB HD, Radeon 9600 graphics card
I have DSL and when I used to send things to other people with DSL it went lightnight fast of course. It still does with image files but when I try and send songs they take a horrendously long time. I just tried to send one that should take a few minutes maximum and it says it'll take 72 minutes. And I know this has nothing to do with too many programs running because I only have MSN, Safari, and iTunes running. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Well, a few dumb questions.

Do you keep your songs on the same hard drive as the images you talk about? Could it be that your songs are on a USB1.1 hard drive? Unlikely, but worth the long shot.

Do you have access to any other clients that allow file transfer. Yahoo! and Skype both do. Could you try them and see? IF these are fast for images and slow for songs, I would suggest that your ISP may be doing some form of content filtering, perhaps aimed at ensuring that its subscribers are not being used by 'bots to illegally transfer music.

Let us know!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just tried it with Yahoo messenger and it went alot faster so the problem has to be with MSN which is unfortunate since I, nor anyone on my list, use Yahoo anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great DarkLight. Well that problem at least is easy to fix. Can you get your main contacts to add Yahoo! to their repetoire? Most people are not adverse to adding more messaging clients to maintain contact.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Some of them are pretty obstinate. And I don't really like Yahoo either. I could use it to send a song or something and then go back to MSN but it'd be alot easier if I were able to correct this problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
You could try using aMSN which is an open source MSN Messenger clone. You can download it here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good idea! This would quickly tell us if the problem was with the MSN network or with the client. Are you up to try this DarkLight?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sure, I'll give it a shot. Probably wont be able to report back til tomorrow. Thanks for the link.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.