idea on the next gen iPods

Reaction score
i just had a idea on something which should be added into the next generation of ipods whenever they are released. they should include an illuminated scroll wheel. i think the new nano's should have an illuminated scroll wheel kinda like the way the macbook pro has an illuminated keyboard. it would be a nice touch to the iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I agree it would be a nice touch and may look good if done right but it just sounds a little unnecessary. It's not like you need to see what you're doing - Pretty hard to get lost on a scroll wheel...

OP
B
Reaction score
yea but some who are new to the iPod might now know what they are pressing in the dark. itd definately be worthwhile to consider.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
yea but some who are new to the iPod might now know what they are pressing in the dark. itd definately be worthwhile to consider.

My 3G iPOD does have illuminated keys for Menu, back, forward and play/pause, but not the scroll wheel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
My guess is that the next gen iPod will look a LOT like the new iPhone - all screen. The screen lights up, and the controls will likely be "soft" onscreen stuff, so this may end up being a mute point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
Yeah, illumination would be cool, especially in red!

I love the red LEDs behind the 4 buttons on my 3rd gen iPod, and still use it every day. I brought a used 4th gen from a friend (because it has better battery life and USB charging), but gave it to my sister because the 3G is just cooler looking!

But, I doubt Apple would have illuminated wheels because they use battery power (I get a max of 8hrs even with a new battery), and if the new iPod is going to be touchscreen then they wouldn't have a wheel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
But wont having led's lower battery life
and how will they make it so it does not look tacky.
It might also look a bit wierd on the black ipod concidering all ipods before it with exception to the mini's have been white.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.