I'm fond of my PC programs... Will my powerbook support them?

G

goodVSbad

I just bought myself a G4 Powerbook (12") and I am actually radiating joy because of it. One snag is that I have grown very fond of programs like Webshots, Search and Destroy and Kazaa. I know there is a Mac version for Webshots, but the OS 9 I tried it on didn't run it the way my PC did. As for Limewire, blah. Is Soulseek Mac compatible? Any better options?

Search and Destroy leads me to another question... do I even need it on a Mac? Obviously is was more than useful on my windows box, but if I install mozilla is it still necesary or even available?
I'm a new Mac owner but I've been playing around on a G4 dual processor for a year now and I can't wait to feel like I've mastered the new system. Any advice would be gladly welcomed!

I'm anxious to get this thing suped up and running like I want it to. If anyone has any suggestions for software, programs or hardware that make it even more wonderful, let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You do not need a Search and Destroy for mac nor is it out
the most popular file sharing prog is Acquisition....you can find it at www.versiontracker.com

OP
S

StarManta

Webshots would be [url="http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,4269,00.asp]this?[/url] I don't quite understand what exactly it is... desktop switcher of some sort maybe?

OP
G

goodVSbad

Webshots is pure gold... I can load my photoshopped pics, digital pics and whatever random crap I find on the internet and they all cycle through as my desktop wallpaper. Plus you can set a slideshow option for the screensaver.

Anyway, thanks for the tips! Acquisition looks awesome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
os x can automatically cycle through your desktop pictures for you and it can do slideshow screensavers

OP
S

StarManta

1) Make a folder (either in iPhoto or just a normal folder on your hard drive) and store all your desktop backgrounds in it.
2) Right-click or control-click the dektop, 'Change Desktop Background'
3) Find your folder.
4) Check Change picture: (and Random Order if desired)

No extra software required. :-D

OP
G

goodVSbad

thanks for all the links; versiontracker.com has a game based on the tv show law and order. good times!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.