Need Help: Problems watching DVDs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Whenever I put in a DVD the DVD Player pops up but if I click the play button I get a message saying "Supported Disc Not Available". What could be the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
what region is it? Sometimes, VLC will do the trick.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Just a standard US Region 1, I've never played a dvd in there before so it should automatically set to Region 1.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
maybe the disc has some features that aren't supported on a mac. I remember some of the features on the Spiderman 1 movie not working on my iBook.

Give VLC a shot and see if it makes a difference. I've been able to play DVD's purchased in Japan through that.

Once you have VLC, go to system preferences, CDs and DVDs, and right down the bottom, instead of DVD player, browse for VLC. Insert the DVD and see if that works. ;)

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What is VLC and how do I open it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
VLC is a media player. A free download. Just google it, install it, then do the steps above. VLC doesn't require any plugins or codecs, and will play pretty much anything you throw at it.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I did that and now it plays DVDs so thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.