The easiest / fastest way to wipe a HD ?

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro is being replaced by Apple. So they give me the new one and i give them my old one sometime next week.

What is the easiest way to wipe my hard disk before i return it to them?

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Stick in the discs and boot from it and click a few buttond and done.

What is up with your current machine.

OP
Adiversion
Reaction score
Its had 3 major repairs, and 2 battery recalls. So they are giving me a new model for all my grief.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
if u want a full wipe, youll have to use disk utility. i wasnt aware that the cd's would do a FULL wipe, i think they only delete the partition table. it goes too fast to be a full wipe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
if u want a full wipe, youll have to use disk utility. i wasnt aware that the cd's would do a FULL wipe, i think they only delete the partition table. it goes too fast to be a full wipe

Sure it does... If you tell it to. When you boot off the Installer, you can fire up disk utility. When you erase the partition, there's a security options button that will allow you to do a single/multi pass delete (the multi being the safest, but it can take many, many hours to run). Not doing either of these options will delete the partition, but not erase the data. With the right tools, the next user who ends up with your machine could conceivably recover your data. Chances of that happening are next to nil, but if you're concerned, then definitely go one of those routes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.