Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
Anyone else find this game alittle shotty?

Ive beat call of duty on the toughest of settings, but this thing is making me pull my hair out

MANY instances am i getting shot when NO ONE is on screen..no its not a sniper...and what made me literally give up tonight, was shooting a machine gunner right in the head..he lives...as i retreat away, behind a wall or well out of view, i CONTINUE to get hit until dead. ...ill be in the corner of a 4 wall room and still hav emy energy just fade to 0

Its crashed on me twice tonight, it goes to shutdown my mac it seems, then throws me to an oversized desktop, greeted with the "Medal of honor has quit unexpectedly"

Any ideas/suggestions? i love the WW2 games, but this isnt even fun anymore..this is point out the many many errors that result in no gameplay.

Im running a dual g5, 1.25gb ram, Nvidia 5200 card.. I dont usually game, just at night after long day of audio/video work.

any suggestions?

Reaction score
I've been playing Medal Of Honor Allied Assault for a couple of years, pc version, and haven't had the problems you describe. You do tend to get shot a lot for sure as they bring a lot of firepower to the table, but usually you can learn to work around it. Have you played the level yet where you assault the beach on D Day? Now there is a real bugger. As the ramp drops every one in front of you dies... There are about 6 machine gunners on the top of the cliff that are burning out their barrels and chances are real good even on the lowest level that you aren't going to make it to the beach and the medic... If you do, save game so you don't have to repeat the landing 20 times or better.

From the medic to the burm and fence you will probably die many times so if you make it to the fence save again or face many repeats as when you have to go back to get the bangalors you will probably die again...(G)

Other than that, the best advice i can give you is to save a lot and for certain everytime you get new health. If it gets to frustrating you can always use the cheats to get through the roughest parts.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
Yup i did the beaches...it wasnt too hard, i just learned stay behind the big barracades and all is well

Im at the part where you come down the road and you have to destroy those grenade launcher things. Im at where you come into the area where the only place to go is a trench, a nd theres 2 machine gun pill boxes...thats where im shooting soldiers, no one dies

The previous level, where i had to find the radio, is where i would be in a room with no windows, and id still be getting shot! seems like a serious glitch to me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33GHz Intel C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB SATA 2GB SDRAM
You could uninstall and then verify permissions.

After verifying permissions and rebooting the machine, reinstall. You could try that.

I've beaten MOHAA and Spearhead on my PC several times from the easiest setting to the hardest. PC and Mac are quite different tho, but the game should be the same as far as difficulty, maps, etc.... If it seems as though the game is having errors, reinstall.

How's the performance otherwise? Smooth?

As far as Normany Beach is concerned... for the guy who was having a hard time getting through it. Just wait behind those over sized asterisks until the gun fire subsides. Once the gun fire subsides, head for the next cover. I've made it to the fence with almost 100% health.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.