• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wholly crap! 24 spoilers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
Cheesus H. Crust...A nuke.

I don't think I like Shaun Majumder anymore. He was the guy that detonated the nuke.

For those who don't know (I am sure the Canadians know who he is) Shaun Majumder is a Canadian comedian/actor.

and Curtis....the look on his face. No more Black Bauer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I don't know how people can stand that show for six, going on seven, seasons. Jack Bauer never dies, and everything is so fake. It makes me sad that people are so "into" that show.

OP
plusfortyfour
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I don't watch it for its realism. I watch it for entertainment. Yeah, the show does get a little far-fetched...but its still fun to watch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I don't know how people can stand that show for six, going on seven, seasons. Jack Bauer never dies, and everything is so fake. It makes me sad that people are so "into" that show.
Yeah, I would agree that the show is "wholly" crap. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Yeah, I would agree that the show is "wholly" crap. :black:

haha, I know someone had to pick up on that. I'm just not sure if the spelling was a mistake or not.

I never really got into 24. I watched one episode of the 1st season, and dropped out then. I don't think it's a bad show, but Jack should give someone else a go. Maybe someday he'll become the next Chuck Norris? :p

Reaction score
haha, I know someone had to pick up on that. I'm just not sure if the spelling was a mistake or not.

I never really got into 24. I watched one episode of the 1st season, and dropped out then. I don't think it's a bad show, but Jack should give someone else a go. Maybe someday he'll become the next Chuck Norris? :p

Theres some potential for him to be the next chuck norris. The man gets stabbed in the hip with an ice pick in the season opener, five minutes later, literally, and hes not bleeding anymore. I can't help but laugh at it sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't understand how people could not like that show...

even technically, that show is flawless, just try to think about being the DP and it it blows your mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I don't understand how people could not like that show...

even technically, that show is flawless, just try to think about being the DP and it it blows your mind.

Umm, Jack seems to get shot at alot/stabbed/beat up/bloodied, but never dies. I liked the episode last night where he was all sorts of beat and bloody, and then takes like a 2 minute shower and is fresh as a daisy.

I also don't know about their satellite imaging. They seem to be able to get pictures from wherever they want, whenever they want, that look about 100 feet off the ground. Satellites can't be looking everywhere at once... That seems a bit unrealistic to me, but then again, our government probably has some tricks up their sleeves. :radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you like James Bond at all, you can't complain about this movie. At least JB gets hurt (though he does heal very fast.) He is basically a more real life James Bond, real in terms that he talks and acts normal. I do feel bad for anyone that dares team up with him; it's a death sentence. I'm just waiting to see when the scars/wounds on his hands from his imprisonment magically disappear in this 24 hour period.

I just started watching last year, so I'm not tired of it yet. I had no idea they were already on the 7th season. I thought it was the 4th.

He already was the new Chuck Norris until he broke down a couple times and almost quit these past 2 episodes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Jack and the villains must both have exceptional senses of timing, to have everything wrapped up in a mere 24 hours. Hardly seems like a crisis.

The news reports must be very short.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
Jack just seems to go from one freakin' crisis to another. the show lost is uniqueness after the second season for me.

"**-hum, another crisis only Jack can stop in 24 hours......" *yawn*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
i used to make money watching this show with my client(im a pca). haha, i hate this show but i love making 10$ an hour watching it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
i used to make money watching this show with my client(im a pca). haha, i hate this show but i love making 10$ an hour watching it!

Nice!! *jealous*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.