Few quick questions.....

P

PhoneUnlocker

Hi all,

Well just a few things, cos I reciently switched to PowerBook G4 about a week ago but have a problem with Safari.

How can you get the program to refresh all images and text cos I am designing a new website and when I make some changes it shows the old version all the time. Even after clearing the cache and history same thing happens, unlike IE does. Is there some tweeking I need to do?

Thanks in advance,
Ed

OP
P

PhoneUnlocker

Of course but still dont work, I have tried everything I can think of.

Ed

OP
M

Mr.Curlynose1

Something is wrong with your page, something is wrong with your html editor, or something is wrong with your browser.

OP
P

PhoneUnlocker

Well we know something is wrong ;)

I have latest version of Safari, Dreamweaver MX 2004 and it does it on all my pages not just one.

I really need to sort this very fast, so any info will be help.

BR,
Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Could you give us the website so we can take a look at it.. Im wondering if you have caching at the page level on. Or else you're not actually uploading anything to the server.. even though it seems like you are :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hmm.. the code doesnt look like it's using cache.. I don't know what to tell you :(

OP
D

dziner

Safari has a major cache issue. Close your site in Safari. Empty the cache, quit Safari, relaunch safari and test the page. I find that this works. Try it out and let me know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.