Need Advice on Photo Editing Program...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i Mac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hi All-
Just got an i mac for Christmas and generally I'm loving it! I did a lot of Photo editing on my PC with Paint Shop Pro. (I love the red-eye tool) I am having a hard time finding a program with such precise eye color correction for Mac. Any suggestions? i photo tools are great for quick fixes, but not details. Thanks for any suggestions. :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The obvious choice would be GIMP (freeware).

You can also get Photoshop Elements, but so far, Adobe hasn't released a Universal version yet (a version that supports both PPC and Intel chips natively), so it might be a bit slow.

OP
Connie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks!

I will check that program out! Looking forward to reading posts here from fellow video & photo editors! :flower:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You will find a reasonable community of folks here who are GIMP and Photoshop knowledgeable, but by no stretch of the imagination is this a photo editing forum. You might wish to check out LightCafe at:

http://www.lightcafe.net/forums/index.php

This is very definitely a photo editing related forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Thanks for the plug Mac57

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz iMac Core 2 Duo, 1.5Ghz Powerbook G4
I run Photoshop CS on my Intel iMac and I can't tell the difference between it and my Powerbook G4, it's not as bad as everyone says it is

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
photoshop definatly, or aperture for organization and has some good simple editing stuff in there for red eye and such plus it can keep RAW images

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I am a big proponent of Adobe Lightroom Beta, especially while it is free. It wont fix red-eye, but if you do not use an on-camera flash or if using a P&S style camera set it for red eye reduction you will see less of that.

OP
Connie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks FYRMAN, I just tried the advanced mode in iphoto. I like it. Still not as precise, and you can't pick eye color like in PSP. Also, I have to do a lot of eye correction in photos of my dogs. They have a yellow or green flash back from their eyes so regular red eye tools won't work. I will try the other suggestions too. Many thanks to you all for the good advice! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.