Looking for some Photoshop brushes/symbols

Reaction score
Hey guys,
This is my first post here, I've been reading for a while, just never got around to joining, but I've been curious about something for awhile, so I thought why not sign up and ask away.

I have been looking for a resource for some brushes or symbols, either Photoshop or Illustrator. The type I'm looking for is a kind of design style that seems to be more popular as of late. These symbols look kind of "flowery", "paisly', sometimes old fashioned borders, wavy line segments. They are often just a slihouette used to add to a design.

I have no idea if you guys have any idea what I'm talking about. I don't really know what to call them, which is kind of my problem in trying to find them.

Hopefully these examples help a bit. I saw some things similar in a post from the desktop thread. He has some in the design on the left.

And that DVD cover, similar designs are used in the corners.

Even though this is my first post, any help would be aprreciated

picture1bs5.jpg

sbe_amaray_JPEG_LO.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
A Google search will turn up quite a few brushes as well.
Keep in mind that not all of those designs are brushes or symbols at all. Many of those embelishments are created by the designers themselves in Illustrator or a similar app. It takes a steady hand and lots of patience for them to get that look, brushes can't always acheive the same result.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks guys...in the past when I tried to google those brushes, I had no idea what to call them, so of course you got lots of stuff you dont want.

I did check out deviantart.com, I never realized they had a brushes section, I found lots of good stuff there.

Thanks alot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
drop me a line on msn and ill save and send you all my photoshop brushes if you want

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
i saw a msg saying u have added me and i clicked accept but im not sure if it accepted it or not :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20"
angryblue.com has very good splat brushes. I love them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.