ipod nano skipping songs

Reaction score
hi
i recently upgraded to the new metalic ipod nano from the previous incarnation. the new version (complete with all relevent upgrades etc.) has trouble playing certain songs that work perfectly on my previous player....
1 song wont play at all and skips to the next track, another plays for 1 second and then jumps....
any ideas???
thanks
George

Reaction score
Same Problem

I just bought mine a couple days ago the nano 2nd gen. and it doesnt skip songs but it plays about 30 seconds then goes to the next song but plays on my itunes all the way.

TWM

Reaction score
Try Restoring the ipod. It gives you that option when you plug it in, in itunes. When you restore, it erases everything on the ipod and then reloads it. it should fix your problem!

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my second gen nano as well. All I had to do was a reset, not a restore. You can do a restart by while the iPod is on, slide the lock switch from unlock to lock and then back to unlock again, the holding the menu and middle button together until the screen goes black and the apple logo appears. You can also find instructions on a reset on apples website. It worked for me, didn't require a restore, and can be done anywhere, don't need to be at your computer. Good luck.

----------
posted from my iPhone

TWM

Reaction score
All the reset does is turn it off then back on again. if the data is corrupt, the restore will more than likely take care of it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.