HP Printer works but not the scanner

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm a recent switcher so bare with me.

I've got my HP PSC 1410 hooked up to my MBP ok and it prints fine. But the printer is also a scanner and it doesn't work at all for that.

Any idea how I can sort that out?

Thanks

Shark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
I would recommend looking on hp's site or another driver site for the drivers that match your model. How old is it? I have an old 4200 scanjet that just wont work for my mac. I've just had to accept it and run it through my windows xp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you can't find anything on HP's site, there's also a 3rd party application that seems to support a lot of different printer models.

http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have the 1350 here that is also both a printer and scanner. The Printer works out of the Box but you have to install the HP software to make the scanner work. It's that way with my HP with both XP and OSX. I will check HP's site on your model and get back to you.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks DTravis.

Does that mean I should delete the driver that was ready installed with the Mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.