iBook won't recognize usb ports

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 iBook, 20" iMac c2d, G3iPod, iPod nano
Hi all,
Any help here would be much appreciated!
My ibook (14" G4, 1.33Ghz) suddenly will not recognize my mouse or printer...both connected via the usb ports. I've tried swiching the mouse back & forth and it doesn't seem to want to see it in either usb port. I've rebooted and it recognized the mouse on reboot, but not the printer. So I switched the printer to that port...no luck - still wouldn't respond. Then I put the mouse back in that port and now it won't see the mouse again.
No idea what to do here, any help would be great.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Have you checked whether the printer is compatible with your Mac? You may have to download and install the necessary drivers.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 iBook, 20" iMac c2d, G3iPod, iPod nano
Everything is compatible...I've been using the same mouse and printer for the past year. The printer driver is up to date. I used the printer on Friday and everything was fine. And the mouse worked earlier this morning.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.