Sharing photos with friends....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
My friend and I have been trying to send eachother photos but nothing ever seems to work efficiently. For instance on windows when I used AIM we just pasted pictures into our conversation and sent them no problem.

Our photos are stored in iPhoto and there doesnt seem to be an option where you can easily share them over iChat.

Does anyone have any insight or advice to help make this process easier?

thanks in advance
john

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Can you not email them?
I don't use iChat, but Adium has file send (as do AIM and iChat)
Or is it really important that they are actually in the conversation?

OP
digital john
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Well each picture is like like 2-3 MB so I think email would be rather tedious because there is quite a few pics and I don't think his email provider would allow it. Also every time he uses apple mail it freezes on him..

He tried to send me a whole folder of the pics but it was 345 MB...

=\

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You just click on the photo in the Thumbnail area in iPhoto and hold and drag to your iChat area. A Plus will show and then just drop it where you type text in iChat. I have been doing it for years that way now and it works. Sometimes I drag a bunch to my desktop first and then to the ichat text area. This is where you type to your buddy in iChat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.