Buying Advice-- Help!

Reaction score
I am ready to upgrade to my next laptop from my titanium G4.

I'm trying to decide whether to go with the black MacBook or base MacBook Pro.

I can get a price of $1399 for the black MacBook (free tax/shipping) or $1844 for the MPB.

Which would you buy? How much speed difference would be noticeable between the two?

And, to make it even more confusing, there's even deeper discounts on the CD models compared to C2D. Any advice here??

Factors for me include whether or not I want the glossy screen. I don't do any heavy graphics work or gaming.

Also, how soon will retailers include an option for free upgrade to leopard when buying a new machine, if at all?

Thanks.

OP
M
Reaction score
I am ready to upgrade to my next laptop from my titanium G4.

I'm trying to decide whether to go with the black MacBook or base MacBook Pro.

I can get a price of $1399 for the black MacBook (free tax/shipping) or $1844 for the MPB.

Which would you buy? How much speed difference would be noticeable between the two?

And, to make it even more confusing, there's even deeper discounts on the CD models compared to C2D. Any advice here??

Factors for me include whether or not I want the glossy screen. I don't do any heavy graphics work or gaming.

Also, how soon will retailers include an option for free upgrade to leopard when buying a new machine, if at all?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Mods note:

Threads merged, don't cross post!

Reaction score
If you don't game, or edit video like you said I'd go with the blackbook. Mainly because it has a longer battery life.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.