Can you use USB hub on Airport Wireless Base Station?

Reaction score
I am looking into getting the new Airport Wireless Base Station and like the idea of the USB port to plug in a USB printer or hard drive. I have a USB printer that I want to plug in but as well in the future I may plug in a USB drive that I may use as a data drive (documents for office, itunes media, etc. I may even use it as a backup to backup data from my two laptops. I know there's only one USB port but my question is can I use any type of USB hub on it to make it into 2 or more USB ports?
I like this new version a lot. I wish it had gigabit lan though but I've looked at many alternative routers. Some are very nice but I can't find the USB ports and as well I like Apple's products for the ease of use and set up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'm not positive on this with the Normal Base Stations, but the express only will accept a printer, so you may not be able to use the hub, and HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
On the new one that will be shipping in Feb yes, the old one no. The new one is meant to have a hard drive whereas the old one was only for a printer.

Reaction score
can you connect a dvd burner for backup reasons across the network (via USB of course)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
can you connect a dvd burner for backup reasons across the network (via USB of course)?
I really doubt it. If you could I don't see how it would help you, you would still need to load in the DVD then walk back to where your computer is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.