Possible Virus?

Reaction score
Recently my internet has been so slow I can't use it for anything. I've tried multiple web browsers (Safari, IE, Opera) and all have been too slow to completely load a website. I can log onto AOL Instant Messenger but it takes forever, my buddy list doesn't load and I get a connection error and disconnect after about 5 minutes. Normally I would blame all this on my ISP but the other computers in my house (all windows and all wireless) are handling the internet just fine which makes me think there's something wrong with the mac (which is plugged directly into the router). I've tried several virus scanning programs and they haven't helped. Any help would be greatly appreciated (I apologize if i posted this in the wrong section). Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I've tried several virus scanning programs and they haven't helped.
That is because there are no viruses for Mac OS X.
Try power cycling your setup or checking your router's firmware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
What are your DNS settings in your network prefs?

OP
T
Reaction score
I tried getting new firmware a few months ago but they didn't have any that was mac compatible.

My mac is on an automatic location using built-in ethernet. that's about all i know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Go to Prefs > Network > TCP/IP and make sure the DNS servers box is blank.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.