Garageband pan not working after export

Reaction score
I am working on some midi files that require the drum track panned left and all others keyboards, bass etc. panned right. I am able to achieve this quite easily by turnning the pan knobs to the required side, however, when the track is exported all tracks seem to be in the left and right regardless of where they were panned.

I have ensured that all echo, reverb and compression effects are turned off in the master, as recommended in the help files.

Is there something else that I am missing?

Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
How far are you panning each instrument? If you are only panning it slightly, then there will be some of the sound that is still panned on the opposite side from what you want it.

Have you tried panning each as far left/right and you can?

OP
D
Reaction score
Pan problems

Yeah, I have panned all the way to the left and right. As I said, there is not a problem when it is playing in garageband, the tracks are panned correctly, it is just when I export it that it all ends up in the center.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.