2 simple questions about windows

Reaction score
im running windows xp professional with media center (all i had) on my white, 512 ram macbook. I currently use it to play only 2 games and my questions are 1. sometimes when i play a game and press the option key, or try to turn up my volume, windows freezes to a blue screen saying something about an internal error. 2. what could i delee to free up about a gig of space (I only play those 2 games, and would like to install expansion packs)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
For disk space, you will need to hunt around and delete any apps you are not using regularly. I rather doubt a "one size fits all" answer exists for freeing up a gig of disk space.

I was thinking about your RAM space though. Is 512 MB enough for your games? This may explain your "blue screen of death" isse. You might wish to consider getting another 512 MB of RAM (or more!).

OP
R
Reaction score
actually, i only play morrowind, and oblivion. Morrowind runs perfectly, and after months of tweaking, i got oblivion running at about 25 fps the highest, and 8-10 at the lowest, with shadeers running and whatnot.

Cam

Reaction score
Any blue screens in windows tend to mean 'your ****ed'. I've spent years trying to solve these problems but i'd much rather have those years back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
to quickly free up space on windows, i would suggest deleting the 'hibernation file cleaner'

this is about 1gb in size and is only needed if you want to put your machine into hibernation mode whilst running windows (which i dont think is even possible on macbooks).

go to start - accessories - disk cleanup (i think) and select it from the list to delete.

though, i'm not entirely sure how this will solve your problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
problem? what problem?

sorry, didnt realise that was two questions.

for the 1st question, try reinstalling the apple drivers for windows, or, reinstall windows with just a normal xp pro product key and the media centre will not install (in case this is the problem)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.