a little help pulease

K

kweenelmer

i have a .mac account. i want to build a site but i have no idea where to start. can some of you smarties out there help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Do you want to learn the hard way or the easy way?

OP
K

kweenelmer

i have composer. and i have made some pages. but i have NO clue where to go from there. i need step by step here. ta!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
kweenelmer said:
i have composer. and i have made some pages. but i have NO clue where to go from there. i need step by step here. ta!

So you have made your site already? Well, presuming you have, make sure your home page / main page is named index.html (you may have to turn on the option to show filename extensions to check). Connect to your iDisk and find the folder that says sites or homepage (I haven't used .mac for ages... can somebody clarify this?) and drag your files (so that includes index.html and all your other pages and images) from your computer to the idisk folder. That's all. Your site is then accessible from tp://homepage.mac.com/username (outdated link removed).

OP
K

kweenelmer

ok i did all of htis and its not working.... everythings there but when i go to the site it redirects me to a photo album that doesnt even exist anmore.

OP
K

kweenelmer

now it is saying it doesnt exist...

another question... do i want my pictures to be absolute or relative to the url?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Relative. What exactly are you typing into your browser, and what are the filenames of the files on your iDisk?

OP
K

kweenelmer

one of them is is index.html... then there are other various names.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
And you're typing in tp://homepage.mac.com/username/index.html (outdated link removed)? It sounds like you've put your files in the wrong folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.