MS-Outlook Like Email Client for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
A recent post in this forum was about email clients. I recall another similar thread (which I can no longer locate - I have searched and searched) which pointed to a freeware email client that was remarkably like Outlook - email, calendar, tasks, etc. I recall that the name started with an "R". I meant to bookmark the page and seem to have failed to.

Does anyone know the email client I am referring to? Could you post the name or a link? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Not what you're looking for - but Thunderbird is a very good email client and is a little like Outlook.

Thunderbird can be a stand-alone email client - some people like this - but you can add Lightning to it to have a built in calendar.

Lightning
Thunderbird

Take a look at those pages - especially the Lightning one as it adds some nice functionality to an already great email client.

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Does Thunderbird configure right to the OSX Mail client? Or would I need to sign up for another browser? Gets sooo complicated! (for me anyway:>)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Forgot to ask how much it costs. :D

M

MacHeadCase

Thunderbird is free, isn't it?
icon5.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The most Outlook-like client on the Mac is Microsoft Entourage, of course, which is part of Microsoft Office:mac and costs money.

Other than that, I'd suggest Novell Evolution, which is free.

Eudora is nothing like Outlook, which is why I use it ;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed completely with technologist. Entourage would be the closest thing out there to Outlook for the Mac.

Eudora is nothing like Outlook except for the fact it receives and sends Emais! :spook:

Thunderbird is Free and an excellent Email client as is the Built in Mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I have been trying to download the "Lighting" add-on for Thunderbird and it is not working, anyone willing to give it a try?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have been trying to download the "Lighting" add-on for Thunderbird and it is not working, anyone willing to give it a try?

Is the Download not Downloading or the file not working in Thunderbird? I was able to download it fine.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Thunderbird *is* free - it is part of the Mozilla suite of software, as is Firefox. I have run it on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is free for all platforms.

Thanks MacHeadCase, but the program I am scratching my head for is not Eudora. I used to use Eudora, eons ago, with Win 3.1 and Win98. A very nice program, but definitely not the one I am searching for. Thanks for the mental tickler though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.