Wireless connection PC and MAC

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am trying to set up a wireless internet connection in my home in both MAC and PC.

The PC is all set up and going. I have fitted and Airport extreme card in the mac and the mac can "see" the WAN_****. The thing is that it's saying it requires a password to access the network. The password given to me by the internet provider (that works on the PC) does not work on the MAC. They are useless with technical support (Talk Talk).

Can anybody help? What number/info do you think I need to put in here? Where can I get it from? The encryption type is WPA.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

thanks

S

Reaction score
The number you're looking for is provided by your wireless router. Log into the administrator section of your wireless router, go to the wireless section, and then to wireless security. From there you should be able to see the key. Input that key into your airport extreme card and you should be good to go.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hello dak125,

Thanks for the info. I've tried the WPA encryption key but no luck. In the routers set up information in the wireless security section there is something called a pre-shared key. The thing is I cannot see what it is as it's entered as ********* and hidden from view. Could this be the beast I am after or is it likely to be the same as the WPA encryption key? It has the same number of characters as the WPA encryption key....hmm.....

thanks

S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.