Random scanner question..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
For my online class, I have to scan my worksheets and e-mail them to my professor but lately they have been looking pretty crappy. I have an HP all in one scanner/printer thing. Does anyone know how I can improve the quality of my scan to make the paper look clearer?

I tried highering the resolution but I don't know if that works. I know this is random but any help is apperciated :)

P.S
I'm not sure if this was the right forum, so please move it if its not! :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
does the glass look foggy at all?

are the images text or pictures?

are you using HP software or something else?

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
does the glass look foggy at all?Nope, it's clear

are the images text or pictures?Text and musical notes

are you using HP software or something else?Yes, I'm using the HP software that it came with.

I'll attach an image...

Picture 2.png

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ick...

i'm guessing you're talking about those weird diagonal stripes where the scan doesn't seem to be 'taking'?

that scanner could be hosed. though i'd try a software update if one is available (in windows, i'd say driver update, not sure if it really works the same in the mac world).

worse comes to worse, if you have a digital camera, you can try using that. just be in a well lit room, and don't use a flash. you may have to correct white balance for fluerescents if you're in a classroom environment. some models even come with a "copier" mode, though some of those switch the camera to black and white.

OP
Netty4mac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Eric, I'm going to look into the software update.

Ugh, stupid HP! It's the printer I got free with Macky.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ah... yeah, i turned that down.

our household is printer and scannerless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.