my MM review

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
i just got the bluetooth mouse today

pros

amazing range
i love the "squeeze" feature
the tiny scroll ball is great
works on any surface except glass, because laser doesnt work through glass

cons
right click works, but only if you have only one finger on the right side of the mouse, so if i have my whole hand on the mouse the right click will work like 40 percent of the time, but its no big deal i just lift up my index finger and click with my middle

does anyone know the battery life on this?

M

MacHeadCase

I'm not a great keyboard shortcut user *hangs head in shame* so I use my wireless Mighty Mouse quite lot for stuff. I thought the battery life was decent compared to a Logitech mouse I had a couple of years ago (the MX1000 which I had to recharge every three days just about!) but it still went down a bit.

Instead of popping in two fresh AA batteries, I bought myself 4 rechargeables, with charger, so when I see the power going down I recharge the other set I have in waiting. Granted, rechargeables are a little less powerful (when installed they indicate 4 out of 5 power level instead of 5 on 5) but at least I won't be throwing away batteries to a landfill or won't have to remember to buy a new pair when out grocery shopping.
icon10.gif

Reaction score
Thanks MBDaBest!!
I had the same problem with the right MM button - lifting the index finger then Rclick works every time!!

How can that be - is there perhaps only one actual switch and some kind of proximity sensor to sort out R/L??? Who knows - anyone pulled one apart??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Thanks MBDaBest!!
I had the same problem with the right MM button - lifting the index finger then Rclick works every time!!

How can that be - is there perhaps only one actual switch and some kind of proximity sensor to sort out R/L??? Who knows - anyone pulled one apart??

Dissecting the Mighty Mouse

pod

Reaction score
Why they couldn't make the outer casing 'openable' for 'ball' cleaning I don't know... bad design Apple... ;o(

Reaction score
Thanks for that link RNDdave. If Apple explained how the MM actually works to people who buy it they would have avoided lots of complaints!

One switch and two sensors -- no problems!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.