IrfanView runs in Crossover Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
I had read a little bit about Crossover Mac, which allows Mac and Linux users to run Windows programs without installing Windows. As I mentioned in an earlier message, one of the programs I missed from Windows was Irfanview. Since I could download a demo of Crossover Mac, I thought I would see if it runs Irfanview. It did not install using the installer, but when I downloaded the .zip version, unziped it to its own folder, and clicked on the .exe file, I was pleasantly surprised to see Irfanview pop up. So, I tried to see if there was anything that didn't work. The only thing I was able to find is that when you "Enhance Colors" the original and new pictures do not initially display, but they do as soon as you start to make changes. I was able to load, manipulate and save an image just like I did under Windows.

If you want to try this, you can download the demo of Crossover Mac from codeweavers.com and download the .zip file of Irfanview from the links at the very bottom of this page.

I am going to play with this some more, but I am excited to get this program running on my Macbook without having to install Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
Looks very interesting, but shame it's for Intel macs only.

I used to use IrfanView on my old PC and it was excellent software, but I still haven't found a similar equivilent OS X app yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
I wonder if this effects performace for a game

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I never understood the appeal of IrfanView. It's not as fast to open as Preview, not as good at organizing as iPhoto (or Picasa, for that matter), and not as powerful an editor as GraphicConverter. But Windows users seem to think it's the best thing since Solitaire. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
MacDeac, do you potentially have the excellent dual pane file manager for windows called 2xExplorer? If that program worked under Crossover Mac, that would be sufficient cause to buy Crossover Mac all by itself. I continue to search in vain for a really good dual pane file manager for Macs. Perhaps I should just give up and try to find a Windows one that will run under Crossover.

Any chance that you have 2xExplorer or could try it out and let me know if it runs? Thanks! You can get it here:

http://netez.com/2xExplorer/

See the Downloads box on the lower right of the page. This has to be just about the best dual pane file manager I have ever used.

OP
MacDeac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
MacDeac, do you potentially have the excellent dual pane file manager for windows called 2xExplorer? If that program worked under Crossover Mac, that would be sufficient cause to buy Crossover Mac all by itself. I continue to search in vain for a really good dual pane file manager for Macs. Perhaps I should just give up and try to find a Windows one that will run under Crossover.

Any chance that you have 2xExplorer or could try it out and let me know if it runs? Thanks! You can get it here:

http://netez.com/2xExplorer/

See the Downloads box on the lower right of the page. This has to be just about the best dual pane file manager I have ever used.

I downloaded it, but I was unable to get it to run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I never understood the appeal of IrfanView. It's not as fast to open as Preview, not as good at organizing as iPhoto (or Picasa, for that matter), and not as powerful an editor as GraphicConverter. But Windows users seem to think it's the best thing since Solitaire. :D
I agree. I never saw what the big deal about it was either.
Oh well, to each his own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Thanks for trying MacDeac. Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
I got it to run but there are to many flaws, for "unsupported apps". it has a list of apps that have been tested to work.

It also wont run a game.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.