• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

power hour?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
Anyone have any good power hour songs or know of the program to make one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
itunes is what we use, Ive never done it. I know if you make a playlist in itunes, you can change the song lenghts. Do an 80s power hour, so corny, but so fun. We always have the final count down as the last song lol.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If your saying you dont know what it is...its

1 shot of beer every minute for an hour, you make a cd or whatever and everythime the song changes after a minute you drink your beverage of choice.

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
send me the one you have?
i have the remote dock and i plugged in my s-video cord so i can view on my tv whats playing but it doesn't seem to work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry, im not at school yet, so i dont have the list.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If your saying you dont know what it is...its

1 shot of beer every minute for an hour, you make a cd or whatever and everythime the song changes after a minute you drink your beverage of choice.

that's sad!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eh, its alright....i wouldnt say sad. lol

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
do you do this alone or with others?

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay anyone else? lol dude you get drunk fast and its fun girls can do it to with out *****ing

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
if you say so...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
if you say so...

c'mon, powerhour is alot of fun, probably the best "pre-game" game there is. Anyway, I have a few different powerhour mixes; 80s, rap, rock/punk, country, miscellaneous. I use sound studio to make mine, probably not the quickest way as im going to look into this itunes thing that was mentioned, but it works for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
man, i cant see myself doing a country powerhour lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I've never heard of power hour! lol Does anyone know beer pong?? :)

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
beer pong flip cup spades quaters biyaaaaaa. Ste you have those power hours u can send me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
beer pong flip cup spades quaters biyaaaaaa. Ste you have those power hours u can send me?

yeah, I have 6 different ones, i just looked now, they are pretty big files (considering they are an hour) how do you think I should send them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
yeah, I have 6 different ones, i just looked now, they are pretty big files (considering they are an hour) how do you think I should send them?
You shouldn't send them at all, as that would constitute illegal file sharing discussion which is a BIG no-no on these forums.
You can list the song titles in this thread, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You shouldn't send them at all, as that would constitute illegal file sharing discussion which is a BIG no-no on these forums.
You can list the song titles in this thread, though.

not really to go against you in any way, but i could have sworn you were allowed to use others music, as long as its not the whole song, in your own work as long as its not for profit? I thought the general conception was 30 seconds is fine, but its not a written law saying you CANNOT use more than 30 seconds. In this case, you could consider these songs a piece of my work becuase I have modified them all and added in buzzers and cut out one minute parts of each? Please correct me if im wrong, but as for now, i am going to try and find some documentation on this type of copyright law...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
In this case, you could consider these songs a piece of my work becuase I have modified them all and added in buzzers and cut out one minute parts of each? Please correct me if im wrong, but as for now, i am going to try and find some documentation on this type of copyright law...
Having recorded professionally with my band in the past, I can tell you that is NOT your own work now. Editing or modifying or using another's work (without their consent) is a violation of copyright any way you slice it. In the end you are still using an artist's work that you do not own rights to.
This same principle goes for work I am doing in school. Every video project or piece I create cannot use material which I have not created, unless I have exclusive rights and permission to use said material. This includes even partial songs from other artists. There are tracks I can use that are from a library, but even then I have to fill out and sign a release form stating that I am using those works in my project. It also states that I cannot use those songs for any profit-gaining vehicle. They are used for educational purposes only and cannot be used for anything outside of school.
Essentially, every time you use another person or group's work, you must obtain the rights to do so. Hip Hop artists were sued and taken to court years ago for "sampling" artist's songs because they failed to obtain rights to use it.
In one of my band's songs we used a sound clip from the movie "Hellraiser". We actually had to contact Clive Barker and get his verbal and written permission to use that sound clip in our song, otherwise we could have been sued.
So, regardless of what changes and additions you have made, the work is still not yours to do so with, unless you get the same permission from each artist for each song you edit/modify/alter/use.
And even if you do have the permissions to make these changes, you still won't have the rights to share or distribute that material because the base material is still not your own, no matter if you are making a profit from it or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.