PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Who ever said I wanted an iPhone?

*kisses Nokia 6265i**

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Who ever said I wanted an iPhone?

*kisses Nokia 6265i**

yeah, i'm not giving up my 7 dollar a month cell phone bill!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
yeah, i'm not giving up my 7 dollar a month cell phone bill!
Wow. I thought I had it made with my $15/month bill.
And I wouldn't count on anyone getting out of an ETF. It is written right in the Verizon contract that they reserve the right to raise rates/prices
Verizon Customer Agreement said:
Our Rights To Make Changes
Your service is subject to our business policies, practices, and procedures, which we can change without notice. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WE CAN ALSO CHANGE PRICES AND ANY OTHER CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BY SENDING YOU WRITTEN NOTICE PRIOR TO THE BILLING PERIOD IN WHICH THE CHANGES WOULD GO INTO EFFECT. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE YOUR SERVICE AFTER THAT POINT, YOU'RE ACCEPTING THE CHANGES. IF THE CHANGES HAVE A MATERIAL ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOU, HOWEVER, YOU CAN END THE AFFECTED SERVICE, WITHOUT ANY EARLY TERMINATION FEE, JUST BY CALLING US WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER WE SEND NOTICE OF THE CHANGE.
Now if it that price increase has a "Material Adverse Effect" on you, then you can end the service with no ETF. A Material Adverse Effect (MAE) would imply that the change will cause a severe change that you will not be able to financially recover from easily. Verizon is raising its SMS rate, but only by .05, hardly a severe change. This would not be adverse because they notified customers in the service agreement, which is publicly available whether you have service with them or not. It would also not be adverse, because the amount is only for a small part of the service, not the service in total, so it likely won't affect the entire customer base. Thirdly, the rate is not significant enough to cause a "severe" change to most.

In other words, don't count on getting off the hook. Try it if you must, but don't hold your breath, Verizon users.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
virgin mobile.
not a ton of usage though. actually i believe i'm at about 80 bucks saved up on the account now. so i could have a free for all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
virgin mobile.
not a ton of usage though. actually i believe i'm at about 80 bucks saved up on the account now. so i could have a free for all!
Heh, I have Virgin Mobile, too. I have about $20 on my account now, so I won't have to actually pay up for a little while.
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.