Help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
My PB just Popped. Like i was on Safari finishing up my FAFSA, but all of a sudden I heard a popping sound. Everything went dead. Now, my PB is dead. HELP!! I am in shock. I have no idea what to do. when i plug it into the wall, it just beeps and all of the lights start blinking. but nothing works. it kinda smells like somthing is burning. but i think i'm really paranoid. I really need help. anyone? please please please call me if you can help. i have no computer.. i'm at a PC rooom

EY

:edit: decided to take down my cell number.

OP
EYPUFF
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got it like in October, so i think it should be under the 1 year warranty. NO? but i don't have apple care, so i can't call the number.. or else it will cost me 49 bucks. can someone please call the number for me? i really need to get this solved ASAP.. and for cheap. I got the PB w/ very little money that i have left. it is the sole source of my income and i really need to get this solved. i have no idea what to do. i just feel lots of rage and helpless.

EY

P

PC HATER

wow dude that sucks, I would say try it out some more If all fails I would complain to apple until they replace It. I can not imagine how you must fell, **** a powerbook gone. Oh I think you might have blown something or a chip fried. that is about all I can say.oh how are you typing this? respond

P

PC HATER

oh i did not read the whole thing whoops give me a call at 804 - Wow I reeally forgot man I will come back later this is my cell number I dont know it.

OP
EYPUFF
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well i called apple this morning, im at my friends place using his comp. umm.. it was very intense called south coast apple and apple hq for like an hour. they basically told me to take it into south coast then have the tech look at it. and if it really needs to be looked at more in depth, then they'll have to ship it to like texas or something. but yah, i have many different files that i need and i really hope that it hasn't affected my HD. OI. so yah, i mean i still love my mac. but i guess it's has been through a lot. many many many video projects and photoshop stuff. but now i have to call my clients and tell them that their stuff will have to be delayed due to some technical difficulties. hopefully they won't blame it on apple, rather on me. cuz many people have been bad mouthing apple so far. dah.. ok well i gots to go. i'll try to give an update every now and tehn but it'll be pretty rare. haha. i have no computer. :(

EY

T

TylerMoney

Well, I guess every computer company has it's problems. Alls I know is that I haven't ever heard anything like that happening before. I hear about hardrives crashing, and comps getting so old, that they just die. But this is rediculous. Hopefully it'll be fixed or replaced, and you'll be back into the mac world sooner than later. I don't know what I'd do if my comp did that right now. I have my pc...but I love my mac, and have a lot of school projects on it. Maybe I should back up some stuff...though everyone just says macs are dependable...and thus far they are....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.