Connecting LCD Monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" basic
I knew to the Mac world and I just bought a ViewSonic LCD monitor. It is working fine but I would like to close my Macbook Pro to turn of the notebook monitor with out it shutting down or going to sleep. It does say in help, that the notebook will automatically sleep when the lid is closed. I can't seem to find any settings for this. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Disconnect your macbook pro. Put it to sleep. Then you need to plug the monitor and the power cable into the laptop. It will then wake up with the lid closed.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" basic
Thanks for that info. I also found that if I turn on my notebook and close the lid real fast, it doesn't go to sleep. I can also turn it on, the close the lid allowing it to go to sleep and then hit a button on my external mouse or keyboard and it will wake up. I appreciate your help though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
or all you need is a external mouse or keyboard. once you close it hit a key or two on the connected mouse or keyboard and it will start up in closed mode.

JRV

Reaction score
I have a 17" Sony LCD. What resolutions would I be able to use if I hooked a MacBook Pro up to it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
any resolutions the screen supports. chances are your graphics card can support a higher resolution then a 17" LCD cause i have a 46" LCD tv and i hook my macbook pro and i can use max res on the tv with my mbp. so just choose the highest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.