Wired to Wireless

Reaction score
I am toying with buying this unit but I have a question. I have a wired/wireless Linksys router. It connects a laptop (wireless) and a desktop (wired) to the internet. Neither computer shares anything with each other. All of the ITunes library and software resides on the desktop. I am assuming that the Apple Tv will come with some sort of software that will have to be installed so ITunes can recognize it. If I use the wireless feature of the Apple TV can a wired computer access it, via the router wirelessly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There is no reason it shouldn't be able to. If you turn on iTunes sharing your wired and wireless computers would be able to share/stream music right now.

OP
D
Reaction score
I turned on sharing and verified both computers can see each others ITunes Library. Also, the router is 802.11g. So, based on this aTV should work in my system if I decide to buy it. Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.