Backup iTunes to an External HDD

Reaction score
What is the best way to go about completely backing up the 33gb of music I have in iTunes to my external hard drive incase my computer (heaven forbid) decided it didn't want to work with me anymore.

Preferably I'd like to be able to import everything back from my external into iTunes exactly how I currently have it.

Cheers
Liam

OP
L
Reaction score
(BTW I've looked at the options within iTunes to export, but don't know which one to choose out of Export, Export Library and Back up to Disc.

Obviously the latter seems the most obvious, but I'd rather find out for certain and be safer than sorry.)

Reaction score
If you have an external drive, I would suggest backing up your entire machine using SuperDuper.

If your machine crashes, you'll likely need to recover more than just your iTunes music.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks Cath. I have it, but don't really need it. I do everything manually...photos, work and music are the only things I need backing up so I do everything myself when I do things.

Anymore help RE: iTunes will be appreciated

cheers
Liam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
this is a simple thing todo. open finder. click on music in the left pane. there should be an "itunes library" folder. simply copy it to whereever.

then when you restore it, it goes really fast because the library is already made!

enjoy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.