2nd gen ipod shuffle issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
Just picked up a 2nd gen Ipod shuffle. Having issues getting my computer to mount it. I tried plugging it into the back of the pc in different usb ports as well as a usb hub. I plugged my nano into the same port, that mounts fine. I brought the shuffle to my work pc, does not mount it either. When plugged into the pc, no lights show on the shuffle. Both PCs are Dell, one with XP SP2 and the other with 2000 SP4. Any ideas?

Reaction score
It sounds like your Shuffle is DOA. I'd first suggest calling Apple Support and then take it in for an exchange.

OP
captainstabbin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when I plug it into the dock, seems to go in loosely. I am going to connect it to a macbook and see if that sees it. If not, I am going to take it back to walmart and exchange it. Thanks.

OP
captainstabbin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tried connecting it to a macbook and still does not work. Must be DOA. Will be returning it tonite.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.