Recommend a USB Mini Drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13inch white 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
Can anyone tell me if there is a good mini USB drive that works well with a Mac? I was in Best Buy and they have a SanDisk Micro Cruzer 4.0GB for like $75 but when looking at the back of the box it says the software only works on a Windows PC but the drive will work with Mac OS. I am confused.

Any recommendations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
They all should work with a mac fine unless the drive has software on it, then the software probably wont work. I have a Memorex 1gb drive that has this software called U3, the software only works on windows but I can still use the drive perfectly fine on my mac.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
agree w/PRT. sandisk is a good reliable brand too.

you can pick these things up like candy now. Target's got Gig ones for like 15-17 bucks. now if the price would come down just a bit more on the high speed SD cards!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
This is probably a dumb comment, but an 8 GB iPod Nano makes a great USB hard drive in a pinch - put it in disk mode and you are good to go. Depends on how much use you are making of the space already for music, but if you are like me, you have your Nano with you everywhere you go, so it is darn convenient. Just a thought.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, i used all mine like that. the sandisk i have now and the creative i just had you didn't need to switch any sort of mode though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.