Moving iPhoto Libraries

Reaction score
I bought an external hard drive for movies, music and pictures and I had no problem moving my original iphoto library but when i try to move my otehr one it says "The item "iPhoto Library 2" contains one or more busy items that cannot be changed" and i always choose "stop" i have closed all applications and re-started the computer but it wil not move.

Reaction score
me to can anyone answer this please , i have also tried to export the jpeg`s as all i want to do is back up all my iphoto photos to a external drive as jpegs to use in vista

please help !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
@1: Try copying the iPhoto library over, and not moving it. Then after copying is done, delete it from the original location. Use the Option+rightclick on trash+empty trash.

@2: Not sure what your issue is. You can just drag the photos over to your desktop, thumb drive or wherever right from iPhoto. If you want better exporting options, use the File > Export option.

Reaction score
hi
i have tried copying to desktop then to the external drive no go
i have tried dierct from iphoto to the drive no go

all i keep getting is this item is currently busy ?? no applications running restarted , what is the photo busy with , it gets half way and then stops and un copys them very annoying

i have 3259 photos 15gb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Try this. If you are running Leopard, hit Command+O while in say Safari or something (that's file > open). In the sidebar, locate your Photos under the Media tab. Try dragging stuff from there onto your external.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.