iMac OS8.6 plug and play

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook/ 1GB RAM/ 60gb hd
I asked a query about will it be plug and play for this version of Mac OS, and it got locked because i mentioned dodgy files.. ok, fair enough i apologise.. but id really like to know if i can use an external DVD drive for my legal copy of tiger, i have here, because its in DVD format i cant get it to work on this.. thus resulting in me looking to the pirates

Yarr me harties

sorry about all that, but i just wana know if it will be plug and play for an external DVD

thanks

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Which iMac is it that you have? You may need to use XPostFacto 4.0 in order to install the OS. You should be able to get an external DVD burner to install the software.

OP
jonnyw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook/ 1GB RAM/ 60gb hd
ah its the 333Mhz one thats tray loading and simply wont do anything i want it to :(

Reaction score
You need to load firmware updates to run 10.. you can kill the machine with out the right firmware. Its called death by 10. The Unix code can burn up the video chip.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.