Disable Eject Button??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and a 15" MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Is there any way to disable the eject button on the MacBook Pro ... or make it something like fn-eject or ctrl-eject? I hate accidentally hitting eject when I go to hit delete ... although this only happens rarely, it is bothersome. I have seen this quesiton posted previously with no solid answers to the question. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
You can change it in System preferences to require the fn key, but all the F-keys will "change". The brightness and volume will also need the fn key to be changed and anything you used fn+F1-12 will now longer need the fn key (I hope that I explained that well enough). To change this look in the Keyboard/Trackpad section of System preferences and check the box at the bottom of the keyboard tab (see attachment)

Picture 1.png

OP
rpmgatech
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and a 15" MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
I tried what you suggested, but that only affected F1 to F12 but not the eject button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Well then. I don't have anymore ideas. On my iBook eject is on the F12 key and I have to use the fn key to use it so I assumed it would work the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.