Switchers best way to storing music library (?)

Reaction score
hello all,

i just made the switch from pc to mac (macbook pro) and i'm loving it. i am wondering if any one has a solution for the best way to store my music. i have a 160gb drive partioned via bootcamp, my pc has two 250gb drives, one with 115gb's of music. of course i am not going to put this on my macbook(impossible anyway). i am thinking that an external HD is the way to go, either 250gb or 500gb.

my question is, is anyone else doing this, and do they have any advice to share? I am hoping i can attach my ipod to the macbook and just sync with an external HD through it, but not sure this can be done properly, so that it works seamlessly. is the update/syncing slow and in-efficient? Should i just build a network storage pc for large libraries of info and hook up to that?

i am sure many other question will arrise, but this is all i have now.

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

[i guess i should add that i would like to get away from the pc world and not be so reliant on my pc for storage. however if using it is the best solution, then i just keep it]

best,
etowns

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.