External HD question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
Im sure this has been covered before, so excuse me if it has. Im thinking about getting a mac. Selling my pc and me laptop pc. If I buy an external HD, can I use it to transfer stuff from pc to mac? Such as music and pictures? Ive never used one before, so I dont know if an external would only work for pc to pc or pc to mac. If you guys get that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
If its formatted Fat32 then your can copy them to the external then use the drive as is, read and write, to the drive in mac osx.. if its ntfs then you can get the files off the hard drive but can not write to it... another thing to do is to put the stuff in the hard drive in the file format you want.. then put them over to the mac .. after the files are on the mac, format the hard drive in HFS+ and then you will be good to go using a mac format on your external.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz, iPhone 4
nice, can anyone point me in the direction of a good external hd for this? Doesnt need to have a ton of space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.