Convincing Windows Media Player that it blows

S

StarManta

To make the title bar of Windows Media Player say "Winblows MediaPlayer" (and this can probably be applied to any standard OS X application):
Right-click on the Windows Media Player icon and "Show Package Contents".
Navigate to "Resources/English.lproj/"
Make a backup of "Localized.rsrc"... if improperly modified you could have to reinstall the program.

Now, there are a bunch of things in this file you can change... dialog boxes... menus.... etc. the one i'm going to change is the main title bar.

<text id="WindowTitle"
left="70" top="3" width="196" height="20"
horizontalAlignment="stretch"
verticalAlignment="top"
toolTip=""
fontsize="|16|13"
foregroundColor="#000000"
justification="center"
value="|21|Windows Media Player"
opacity="1.0"
draggable="true"
/>

Note: there are two blocks inside the .rsrc file that look identical; the first is around line 400, the second is around line 1300. The second one is the one that affects the main window. Still not sure what the other one is.

You can change the line value="|21|Windows Media Player" to whatever you want AS LONG AS it contains the same number of characters as the original string, and the |21| is unmodifed. I set mine to Winblows MediaPlayer.

Now save the file, and launch WMP. The sting of having to open a MS app is now cancelled out by the fact that you have sufficiently pwned it. :)

If anyone has any other fun things to change in the rsrc file, post a reply here! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
StarManta: That was beautiful. I love your name choice. :D

Suck It Bill Gates! works too :) (leave the exclamation point in)

OP
P

pcjabber

I counted, and, I believe (I don't take any responsibility on this) you can change the 21 to num_of_chars_in_title+1 (don't forget spaces too!!!) In other words, this is 20 chars, plus 1 extra char (no clue what for....) I'll try it tomorrow when I get my iBook =)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
This isn't even worth it. Who really cares?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
No. No it's not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
It definitely isn't worth it...
You hate Microsoft and Bill gates? Well, then why the **** do you need Windows Media Player?!? On the Mac, it can only play Windows related files, like WMV, which you don't want because it's Microsoft...

So, you hate them, don't use their soft, it's just as simple as that...

OP
I

Icarus

I have absolutly nothing against Microsoft at all, I think it's a fine company. I own an xbox, made by Microsoft for those of you who don't know...
I just felt that this was a slightly humerous way to customize my Mac.
so relax, 'yall!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.