So VERY glad...

Reaction score
...I decided to make the switch!

I'm typing this from my dads Dell laptop, and in the 40 minutes or so I have been on, I have had:

1) "Right, youve turned me on, just wait 5 minutes while i seemingly do nothing but you cant do anything either...seriosuly im warning you, if you do ill pull out the blue screen of death!!!" - But I just want to get on the internet...

2) "there is a new windows update, would you like to download" - no thanks, i'd rather have the viruses...of course i want to download!!!

3) "This webpage is trying to run an activeX control, is this ok" - Well, as its hotmail, I can assume its pretty safe and as I jsut clicked the add picture button then assume I want to run the control so I can actually attach a picture!

4) "You windows update is now downloaded, would you like to install it" - nah, I just collect them up on my hardrive.....what do you think!!!

5) "New USB device detected" - Yes, I know, I just plugged it in

6) "Do you want to open everything in this USB drive in calculator/solitaire/any other totally random program" - No, I will open what I want when I want thanks

7) "!!! YOUR DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!! Heres some numbers to help you work out what it was - Error Type: 986XGH%7q36q848q653335" - Yeah, that helps........

8) "ooh, you clicked a couple of buttons too quickly, I'll just have to sort myself out quickly...........PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING" - AGHHH!!!!!

9) "AVG now protects you from 4,565675,48355 bajillion bits of spyware" - well, thats good to know, but I dont really care at the moment

10) "Media player has detected its not the default player for Music files, do you want to change this" - No, thats why I downloaded iTunes and made that the default player

I think you may catch my drift!!!!

Bring on Monday when my lovely shiny 20" iMac is arriving (hopefully!!!)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You hit the nail on the head. Perfect parody of life with a Windows machine.

You're going to love your iMac. Congratulations and welcome!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
good thread.. well enjoyed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I can relate all too easily (just switched myself)!! Welcome, you'll find this a great community but I warn you, it's quite addicting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
That's about everything I used to go through! :) I'm so glad its now over :)

Enjoy your new iMac!!:dive: :dive:

Reaction score
2) "there is a new windows update, would you like to download" - no thanks, i'd rather have the viruses...of course i want to download!!!
Classic.

4) "You windows update is now downloaded, would you like to install it" - nah, I just collect them up on my hardrive.....what do you think!!!
Classic II

5) "New USB device detected" - Yes, I know, I just plugged it in
Classic III

6) "Do you want to open everything in this USB drive in calculator/solitaire/any other totally random program" - No, I will open what I want when I want thanks
Classic IV
-------------------------
Now don't forget, when you want to "quit" or "shut down"...just hit the "start button"...
lame.gif

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.