iPhone availibility..

Reaction score
will i be able to walk in a Cingular/Apple store and buy one come june or will i have to get a pre-sale from eBay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Knowing apple and cingular, they are going to be very well stocked on this new product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You might do well to wait a month or so though. Let iPhone "cut its teeth" on other users - wait for the first impressions to come out. If there are any bugs in the initial version, it would be useful to let those work their way through the system before you buy one. That is my plan anyway. To my mind this is a "gotta have it" device, but I think I will wait until I read some reviews and see how it is working for real before I take the plunge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.00Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD
Knowing apple and cingular, they are going to be very well stocked on this new product.

Hehe I don't know cingular at all but I worked in a large electronics store last year for about 5 months over christmas (comet) and we never had more than 2 iPods at a time. I'm talking their biggest store in the UK here lol so maybe the stock won't be so great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz, 120 GB, 2 GB RAM, Superdrive
It's gonna be hard to find for a while, but it's not gonna have PS3-caliber elusiveness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Apple said:
"This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

When you get the FCC involved, it could be quite a while before anyone will actually own one. Also, it wouldn't be a big surprise if the iPhone that is actually released doesn't have all the great features that people are looking forward to. The FCC is very strict when it comes to devices that are capable of sending and receiving information/data. This could possibly take a rather long time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
When you get the FCC involved, it could be quite a while before anyone will actually own one. Also, it wouldn't be a big surprise if the iPhone that is actually released doesn't have all the great features that people are looking forward to. The FCC is very strict when it comes to devices that are capable of sending and receiving information/data. This could possibly take a rather long time.

Well, Apple said June...and they no doubt, mean it. When they announce dates, they don't miss them (unless IBM is involved).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
:black:
The US Government is much worse than IBM.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Hehe I don't know cingular at all but I worked in a large electronics store last year for about 5 months over christmas (comet) and we never had more than 2 iPods at a time. I'm talking their biggest store in the UK here lol so maybe the stock won't be so great

I don't have cingular, but my friends all got razrs when they came out.. the cingular store was well stocked with them... and just last month, i went to the apple store, they had so much stock of macbooks, imac,s and macbook pros that they were not in the back, the display computers were taken out and they had the boxes up the walls. (and this was not a small store either.. its actually one of the biggest i have been in)

Edit: yes agree that the us government is worse then ibm when it comes to things like this.. knowing them they will make that thing safer then safe has to be, it probably will loose all of its features and come with a choking hazard warning ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.