CF card not mounting on desktop

A

andipantz

Any digital photographers out there who may be able to help me out?

So I've been having to use iPhoto to download the images from my CF cards because the CF cards are not mounting on the desktop. Therefore, I can't even shoot in RAW mode because iPhoto doesn't recognize RAW and using iPhoto is the only way I am able to get photos off of my CF cards. iPhoto automatically opens when I want to download the images from my camera. And as far as I can tell, I have the preferences set so it does NOT do this. I would like the CF card to mount on my desktop so that I can just drag the images onto my hard drive. And I would like to stop iPhoto from automatically opening when a CF card is being read. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :)

OP
A

andipantz

I actually just found out about Image Capture. I realized that I can stop iPhoto from opening up automatically in there. I imagine that I can also use that to move the images from my CF card to my HD. However, I still don't know how I can get the CF card to mount. But it may be because I'm connecting the camera to the computer instead of using a card reader.

Anyway, if anyone has thoughts they'd like to throw out, by all means, share! :)

OP
J

Jkendr23

andipantz said:
I actually just found out about Image Capture. I realized that I can stop iPhoto from opening up automatically in there. I imagine that I can also use that to move the images from my CF card to my HD. However, I still don't know how I can get the CF card to mount. But it may be because I'm connecting the camera to the computer instead of using a card reader.

Anyway, if anyone has thoughts they'd like to throw out, by all means, share! :)

Hi. I am going to try using a Multi-card reader attatched to a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card(which has been ordered). It should arrive in a few days and I'll let you know how things turned out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.