Cingular iPhone Internet Cost?

Reaction score
does anyone know what the monthly rate for EDGE will be? thinking about getting the iPhone..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I pay $39/month for unlimited EDGE data on my phone, through Cingular.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Maybe if it becomes more popular (because of the iPhone) the pricew will drop a few dollars.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I never used edge, but I had verizon's internet service and according to some peple edge is faster then verizon so I am expecting it to be quite fast because I was getting 130kb/s (nothign compared to my home connection, but not bad at all for being out on the run and needing to check something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
in the 120's to 130's I don't know what the package actually advertised, but thats what i was getting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
Edge is older technology

Perhaps the most disappointing spec of the iPhone is the fact that it can only use Edge, which is much slower than either HSPDA (which is available on Cingular's Blackjack WM phone for a lot less money) or EVDO on Sprint and Verizon. A quick web search revealed that Edge tops out at 384kbps and HSPDA tops out at 1.8 mbit per second. If you were creating a mobile phone with an emphasis on multimedia, which would you use?

And, price cannot be that much of a factor since HSPDA is available on the Blackjack which is only $199 with a two year contract (same as iPhone.)

Reaction score
WO WO WO.. 40 for a internet plan? thats AlOT!!!! On my sidekick its 20 for AIM, Internet browser, and unlimited texting.............. and cingular has like 6 plans..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hmm.. I spend at Cingular $19.99 for unlimited net/email etc, but Im not sure if that is considered the edge network.. Im a bit confused on that myself.

Reaction score
how can cingular had like 6 individual plans? thats such B.S! and the cheapest one doesent even have unlimited nights and weekends... is their service even that good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I like it, it works great for me.. Their network definitely depends on the phone you have. I tend to get the higher end phones and I have no problems, while some of my friends have the lower end ones and they have dropped calls etc.. so that's kind of strange. But me personally I really like their service :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
I have had so many phones with cingular- and LG phones ALWAYS drop calls. I think it has alot to do with the phone :)

I was thinking about Clearwire since iPhone has WiFi I wonder if you could just stay connected to the clearwire network? i didn't look at prices but it's nice to have for the macbook too :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.