some questions from me

N

nosleepneeded

I guess you all want me to switch and pretty much so do I though I will never be 'ooh I hate windows' because I don't. But if I can do what I want to do on a prettier more portable interface I will.
Following are the questions I need to know the answers to or I won't switch. I've been looking around all night for the answers, but have found nothing concrete. My switch would be to a 12" powerbook g4.

1. DVD+
I read that with 10.3 and a suitable drive (which is possibly standard by now, Sony or something) Mac does support this- though not in its own iDVD, iEtc...

2. G5
Is there a possibility this will be coming onto the Powerbook within the next 6 months?

3. I don't want to go into a shop and be conned into buying old stock. What is the current spec and software package I should make sure it has. And in relation to 1, how do i find out what the dvd drive is?

Thanks loads, hope you can help soon.

OP
L

lugee

nosleepneeded said:
I guess you all want me to switch and pretty much so do I though I will never be 'ooh I hate windows' because I don't. But if I can do what I want to do on a prettier more portable interface I will.
Following are the questions I need to know the answers to or I won't switch. I've been looking around all night for the answers, but have found nothing concrete. My switch would be to a 12" powerbook g4.

1. DVD+
I read that with 10.3 and a suitable drive (which is possibly standard by now, Sony or something) Mac does support this- though not in its own iDVD, iEtc...

Apples only use DVD-R/RW fas as i know.

2. G5
Is there a possibility this will be coming onto the Powerbook within the next 6 months?

There's a on going thread in "APPLE RUMORS AND REPORTS" Have a read it will give u an idea, when its coming out. I personally don’t recon it’s coming out till late 2004 early 2005

3. I don't want to go into a shop and be conned into buying old stock. What is the current spec and software package I should make sure it has. And in relation to 1, how do i find out what the dvd drive is?

new os is panther 10.3.3 and the dvd-r/rw drive is called superdrive by apple. Go to apple.com there is a very helpful section for want to be switchers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.