External Sound Card

Reaction score
I am looking for an external sound card for my Macbook Pro that will work with Windows XP and with OS X. Thanks!

Edit: I should add, I need it to support at least 5.1 channel audio. I have a set of Logitech z5300e speakers which I am looking to use in both operating systems.

Reaction score
yeah, I'm in exactly the same position. So far in my looking, I can't find any 5.1 external sound card solution for OSX (probably something to do with Macs only having frickin 2.4% market share, those lamers)

Reaction score
sweet, thanks!

edit: well, that sound card might have been good but it seems to be virtually discontinued. I could not find one seller. However, I did find on CNET a ton of external sound cards (both USB and Firewire) still available.

Reaction score
The iMic thing only does stereo, which the MBP's do fine with anyways. We're (I'm) still looking for a good surround sound solution. I sent an email to Miglia asking how functional the surround sound they claim their HarmonyAudio external firewire sound card has. I didn't see anything on their website saying it could work for movies and such.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.