Bootcamp: overclocking my x1600 in windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
Ok I have a MBP c2d w/ x1600 128mb. Now for some reason i am hereing that the graphics cards come under clocked in the computers. Now i was just wondering if this is true and if so how can i overclock it so its more set to a normal speed for an x1600. also i just wish to know how to do this in windows. in mac os x i don't do anything that it is really necessary for. thanks!

Reaction score
Download the Omega Drivers, which are not only superior but also provide easy access to overclocking and myriad other modifications and customizations.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok thanks man...also what is a normal speed for an x1600 like i just wana clock it up a bit i don't wana have it set to high. so what should it be around?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok well someone said that the omega didn't work for them so they used something called ATITool now i downloaded this and then ran it but some of the functions brought me to a black screen and i had to force restart then windows was slow and i had to delete the partition. I have a question about overclocking is it only overclocked when that program is on the computer? so basically is the graphics card only over clocked in windows and then when i switch to os x is it back to default settings? and also i deleted the partition with windows so now if i re-install it will the graphics card be back to normal or will i hve to redownload the tool and lower it to get it back to defualt?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
ATI Tool works in that it start with windows and loads the overclocked speeds, it does this on reboot, so if ATITool loads, then yes, the over clocked speeds load with it if you have ati tool set to start up with your overclocked profile.

The only time your video cards speeds would be permanently changed is if you flashed the actual bios on the video card, otherwise with software, once the software is gone, your card is normal again.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok thank you very much

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.