Lotus Notes on Mac

Reaction score
We attempted to upgrade from Notes for Mac 6.5 to 7.0.2 for Mac today. Instead of using the uninstall from the 6.5 CD we deleted the folders for 6.5 including the notes data folder. What happnes now is the 7.02 CD keeps trying to update instead of doing a fresh install. Anyone experience this before, or know where files may be left over preventing a fresh install?

We have also tried to install the old 6.5 again but get errors that install is damaged and to try again.

Its on OSX 10.4.

Thanks

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, gmo418.

It's simply because by deleting the folder you left behind plenty of bits that are still in the system, preventing any further install. You would have been better off using Lotus Notes' uninstall if it has one or AppZapper.

Do a very careful search and get all the files that are left behind on the hard drive in the trash and empty it.

The try to reinstall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Intel 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM. Also; Intel Macbook 2Ghz, Intel MacMini 1.83Ghz
Lotus Notes on Intel Mac

Hi - I have an MBP Intel running 10.5.1. I have this annoying need to run parallels because company uses Lotus Notes 6.5.3 as business email client. Does anyone out there know if IBM ships a native aqua LN release that would be compatible? And yes, if I could junk LN I would be the first.......your collective wisdom appreciated. Thanks. Wobs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Lotus Notes isn't really native on any platform, least of all the Mac.

Lotus Notes 6.5.x and 7.0.x are available on Mac OS X. Your IT department (whoever is responsible for maintaining your company's Lotus Notes license) should be able to download the Mac client from IBM for no additional charge, but the download is not available to the public.

Reaction score
Lotus notes 7.0.x for 17" PB Intel

Thanks a lot Technologist, I had just come down to my desk to look up what version of Notes would work on theIntel PowerBook. Now, getting it to work in our environment is another question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.