So who's going to be the first?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
So which one of you is going to be the one to get the non-existant award for first person to post on MF.com from an iPhone? :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
What?

I am totally lost waht we get a non-existant award for.

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
What?

I am totally lost waht we get a non-existant award for.
Well you get pride in being first (non-existant because we don't actually have a prize for you). What you get it for is basically being the first to post her from an iPhone.

EDIT: Oh wow, I'm totally out of it tonight. I just read what I posted and I see what you mean.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I'll order one the day it comes out, so perhaps me? I don't visit this forum as often as others do, however...so maybe not.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Looks like the first post will not come before June though! :spook:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I wish to be the first person but i have verizon, so i don' tknow when my contract ends with them but if it ends this june then I will be the first (but i think it ends next june)

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I wish to be the first person but i have verizon, so i don' tknow when my contract ends with them but if it ends this june then I will be the first (but i think it ends next june)
My contract ends this summer GO ME =]

Reaction score
iPhone

I'm still skeptical. That is one big phone to be carrying around. It's bigger than the video iPod, which is twice the size of my cell phone already. There's probably going to be all kinds of crazy accessories for this thing, too, and before you know it you're carrying a backpack just for all the iPhone related stuff. (did anyone ever see that mock - ad for the "iPod Flea"? If I find a link I'll post it, kind of what all this makes me think of...) I wonder how many after - market manufacturers are going to be making covers for this thing, seeing that the durability and scratch resistance of the plastic surface wasn't one of the topics touched on (he he pun?) in Jobs's keynote. If the screen is just like iPod's then it's most definitely prone to scratches.
All that aside, I like the concept though and would definitely buy one, but not this generation of iPhones. There will be inevitable issues with these, and I might jump on the train with a later generation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.