bad things about the emac superdrive

OP
D

dante22

SM2k said:
Please post bad qualities of the current G4 emac with the superdrive. Thanks
I wouldn't know, I have the new emac with the combo drive, being poor I opted to save $300. I do video on my local cable access and have access to dvd tech if needed. I don't understand the need for the superdrive. Being new to computers but not video I'm a little confused about what people are talking about.
I've put video on the net and have yet found the need to burn a dvd. I can and have burned cd's the only diff I can see is storage. Am I missing something here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
the superdrive is great if you want to burn DVD's for people to view on their own standalone dvd-players or computers at dvd quality

OP
D

dante22

trpnmonkey41 said:
the superdrive is great if you want to burn DVD's for people to view on their own standalone dvd-players or computers at dvd quality[/QUOTE
Do you mean like home movies, or slide shows? I'm afraid people might not want them (dvd's). At least on air or the web for whatever reasons people choose to watch. It's not like I'm taking them hostage. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
videos. people make some home movies in iMovie and burn dvds in iDVD for family and friends

OP
D

dante22

trpnmonkey41 said:
videos. people make some home movies in iMovie and burn dvds in iDVD for family and friends
Now I have to find a family? Does anyone know where I can get one at a discount seeing I'm on a limited income? :confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.