Exclamation Point Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 GhZ, Black
So I recently moved all of my files from my old PC to a new MacBook. Should have been easy, but for some reason my PC would not recognize the MacBook on a network. No big deal -- I just transferred the files the "old fashioned" way and burned all my stuff on to DVD's.

The only problem I'm running into is with iTunes. I used Senuit, so I have all of my songs on the Mac and in the appropriate iTunes folders. I then transfered over my xml and itl files from the PC so I could get my ratings, playlists, etc. Next time I opened iTunes, I pointed it to the new iTunes folder, and everything looked gold.

However, as I go down the list of my songs in the library, about 50% of them have exclamation points. I can find the songs one by one on my HD, but that would take forever to get 'em all. Are there any ways to find the files on your HD by album? Or perhaps a script that will look at all of the files with exclamation points and then search your hard drive for the right song?

I'm not too skilled with messing around with files, but maybe there's a way to fix my xml file?

What's weird to me is that it only effects half of my songs. The rest are just peachy.

Thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.